Wilderness First Aid Certification
October 26 @ 10:00 am - October 27 @ 6:00 pm EDT$175
This interactive class provide combines guided presentation with hands-on practical scenarios to give you the skills, knowledge, and abilities to best care for an ill or injured person until you can reach qualified care.
Wilderness environments create special situations not usually encountered in an urban or suburban environment. With an ASHI Wilderness First Aid class, first aid providers in a remote outdoor setting will be better prepared to respond when faced with limited resources, longer times to care for someone, and decisions about when and how fast to evacuate an ill or injured person. This comprehensive 16-hour wilderness first aid course meets or exceeds the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines, 2017 Edition.
Course topics include:
- Preparation and Assessment
- Preventing and Caring for Injuries and Illnesses
- Environmental Hazards
- Other Wilderness Considerations
- Course pre-requisites: Certification in adult CPR and AED is required to receive a Wilderness First Aid certification. Prior completion of a basic first aid class is strongly encouraged.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Class size is limited to 10 participants.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to spend time seated, standing, on the floor, and outdoor practicing skills.
- Please dress for the weather as we will be spending time outdoors conducting scenarios..
- All equipment, student workbook, and certification card are provided.
- Please bring a lunch each day and a personal snack.
- Certification through American Safety & Health Institute will be valid for two years.
Date: October 26-27, 2024
Location: Izaak Walton League, 899 Jay St, Elgin, IL 60120
The ASHI Training Center logo is a registered trademark of Health & Safety Institute or its affiliates. All rights reserved.