My name is John Chase and I’m a paddler just like you.
I enjoy being on the water and making every outing an experience. I attended Canoecopia in 2012 and was inspired by the people I saw and met at the show. I saw a lot of people very passionate about enjoying the outdoors. What scared me was that I also found many of those people to be terribly unfit and unprepared to participate in the adventures they so wanted to experience.
This website is dedicated to helping you become a better paddler through improved fitness. You’ll find articles, videos, and tips to help improve your endurance, strength, flexibility, agility, balance, and power.
I am an ACA Level 3 coastal kayak instructor, Level 2 Costal Kayak Instructor Trainer, Level 2 river kayak instructor, and a Level 2 SUP instructor. I am a featured presenter at Canoecopia and instructor at Rutabaga’s Door County Sea Kayak Symposium (a fantastic event!).
I am a proud P&H Sea Kayaks Team Paddler, representing the best crew with the best boats. Whether you’re day touring, surfing, overnighting, or heading out on a big expedition, P&H has a boat for you.
I am a Werner Paddles Ambassador and have been a proud Werner paddler for several years. The quality, service, aesthetics, and attention to detail in their equipment is second to none.
I am an Ambassador for Bishop Boards. Beautiful craftsmanship, great quality, and a wide variety of products means whether you are SUP fishing, touring, surfing, or doing SUP yoga, Bishop Boards has a ride for you.
- ACA Level 3 Coastal Kayak Instructor
- ACA Level 2 Coastal Kayak Instructor Trainer
- ACA Level 2 River Kayak Instructor
- ACA Level 2 SUP Instructor
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- TRX Trainer certified
- Starguard Lifeguard certified
- USA Archery Level 2 Instructor
- Medic First Aid CPR/AED Instructor
- ASHI CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor
- ASHI Wilderness First Aid Instructor
- Certified Park and Recreation Executive
- Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Adventure racing
- Road and mountain biking
- On Celtic Tides: One Man’s Journey Around Ireland by Sea Kayak
- Pacific Alone: The Untold Story of Kayaking’s Boldest Voyage
- Amazon Woman: Facing Fears, Chasing Dreams, and a Quest to Kayak the World’s Longest River from Source to Sea
- Two for the Summit; My Daughter, the Mountain, and Me
- Momentum is your friend: The Metal Cowboy and His Pint-Sized Posse Take on America