Alaska’s Prince William Sound
July 16, 2023 - July 20, 2023$1575
Experience the beauty of Alaska’s Prince William Sound on this 5 day expedition. Along with peaks rising 4,000 feet from the sound, you will experience glaciers calve in the distance, catch a glimpse of the area’s diverse wildlife, camp on remote beaches, and more.
Our group will meet in Anchorage and transfer to Whittier. We will pick up our rental boats, check and sort gear, and load to boats and make our start for camp.
Destinations will vary based on conditions and may include Blackstone Bay, Port Nellie Juan, Culross Passage, Derickson Bay, and Kings Bay. Accommodations in the back country will include a variety of camp sites.
We will return to Whittier. After returning our boats and packing gear, we will celebrate the trip’s end and relive the experience with a final group dinner.
Trip includes logistics planning, kayak, paddle, and PFD rental, and all group meals while on expedition. Group members will be expected to assist with minor camp duties and sharing the load with group gear.
Group members are expected to provide their own airfare to and from Anchorage, transportation between Anchorage and Whittier, pre/post expedition lodging, personal paddling and camping gear, clothing, meals when off the water, and snacks. If additional transportation via water taxi is needed for evacuation or extraction due to weather, medical emergency, etc., that cost will be extra. These expenses are not included in the trip cost below.
It is expected that participants interested in joining this trip will have participated in a minimum of three, full day journeys e.g. longer than 8 nautical miles, be appropriately skilled in group travel, self and assisted rescue techniques, and have personal paddling skills consistent with ACA Coastal Kayak Level 2.
Cost: $1,575 per participant (limited to 5 guests)
Dates: July 16-20, 2023
Before reserving your spot in any trips, please read the following carefully:
- All trips are held rain or shine. Severe weather or weather unsuitable for your skill level will result in it being rescheduled for a later date.
- You will be required to read and sign a waiver form prior to participation in any trip.
- All participants will wear a properly fitted personal flotation device whenever on the water.
- Electronics on the water – AT YOUR OWN RISK – If you choose to bring a phone, camera, key fob, or anything electronic, get a dry box for them at any local sporting goods store, or leave them back on dry land!
- You can cancel up to 21 days before the event and receive a full refund.
- If you cancel within 10-20 days before the event, you will receive 50% back
- Cancellations within 10 days of event, no refunds unless we can get someone to take your place in which case you would receive a 50% refund.
- If a medical emergency should arise at the last minute, please call us. We will try to re-schedule you into another class in the future, but we cannot provide a guarantee. Documentation may be requested.
- Cancellations at our discretion due to weather will be rescheduled for a later date or a full refund will be given.