Explore the treasures of the Great Lakes in Northern Lower Michigan. This area is and always has been one of my favorite places to travel and I look forward to the opportunity to show it to you.
Our journey will be based out of a rented home in the Traverse City area, giving us easy access to the best Great Lakes and inland waterways. We will meet on Friday at 1:00 pm to discuss the trip agenda. Lighthouses, towering dunes in the distance, crystal clear rivers, and sun-drenched beaches with Caribbean blue waters are all possibilities.
We’ll talk through the options based on wind, waves, and weather, and choose destinations based on those factors and group interest. We’ll then head to our first destination for some exploring!
After each day’s paddle, we’ll head to our home for the weekend, enjoy a fabulous dinner and conversation, and plan the next day’s journey.
Off-water opportunities abound in the area with wineries, cideries, shopping, historical, and cultural activities.
Trip includes all logistics planning, lodging, required admission for paddling locations, parking, and all group meals. Group members will be expected to assist with minor kitchen duties.
Group members are expected to provide their own boat (minimum 14′ with sealed bulkheads in bow and stern), personal paddling clothing and personal items, and snacks.
It is expected that participants interested in joining this trip will have participated in a minimum of three, full day journeys e.g. longer than 8 nautical miles, be appropriately skilled in group travel, self and assisted rescue techniques.
Cost: $425 per participant
Dates: September 2020
Time: Meet at 1:00 pm, date TBD
Location: Traverse City area, MI
Before reserving your spot in any of classes or trips, please read the following carefully:
- All trips or classes are held rain or shine. Severe weather or weather unsuitable for your skill level will result in it being rescheduled for a later date.
- You will be required to read and sign a waiver form prior to participation in any class or trip.
- All participants will wear a properly fitted personal flotation device whenever on the water.
- You will need to have appropriate headwear, clothing, and footwear (water shoes or sandals that stay on) rain gear, and extra clothes just in case.
- Sunscreen is mandatory.
- Energy bars and light snacks are highly recommended.
- If you wear eyeglasses, please wear a leash for them! If you wear contacts, please bring an extra pair in case you lose them.
- Electronics on the water – AT YOUR OWN RISK – If you choose to bring a phone, camera, key fob, or anything electronic, get a dry box for them at any local sporting goods store, or leave them back on dry land!
- You can cancel up to 21 days before the event and receive a full refund.
- If you cancel within 10-20 days before the event, you will receive 50% back
- Cancellations within 10 days of event, no refunds unless we can get someone to take your place in which case you would receive a 50% refund.
- If a medical emergency should arise at the last minute, please call us. We will try to re-schedule you into another class in the future, but we cannot provide a guarantee. Documentation may be requested.
- Cancellations at our discretion due to weather will be rescheduled for a later date or a full refund will be given.