The Coastal Kayak Strokes and Maneuvers Refinement course is designed to assist coastal kayakers refining basic and advancing strokes and maneuvers. Participants should have successfully completed a Level 2 or equivalent training. This full-day program will emphasize the following skills:
- Improving efficiency in your forward, reserve, and sweep strokes
- Preventing capsize through use of bracing
- Developing greater boat positioning abilities through refinement and application of active draw strokes
- Performing maneuvers using low brace turns, bow/stern rudders, and stationary draws
- Practicing self and assisted rescue techniques
Date: Contact John to schedule
Cost: $99 per participant
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Class cost does not include boat, paddle, and PFD. You can bring your own equipment or contact me for rental information.
Before reserving your spot in any of classes or trips, please read the following carefully:
- All trips or classes are held rain or shine. Severe weather or weather unsuitable for your skill level will result in it being rescheduled for a later date.
- You will be required to read and sign a waiver form prior to participation in any class or trip.
- All participants will wear a properly fitted personal flotation device whenever on the water.
- You will need to have appropriate headwear, clothing, and footwear (water shoes or sandals that stay on) rain gear, and extra clothes just in case.
- Sunscreen is mandatory.
- Bring lots of water and sports drinks!
- Energy bars and light snacks are highly recommended.
- Lunch is not provided for classes or trips unless specifically stated in the description.
- If you wear eyeglasses, please wear a leash for them! If you wear contacts, please bring an extra pair in case you lose them.
- Electronics on the water – AT YOUR OWN RISK – If you choose to bring a phone, camera, key fob, or anything electronic, get a dry box for them at any local sporting goods store, or leave them back on dry land!
Please, arrive to the class/trip at least 30 minutes prior to start. If you are running late, please call me immediately. Be considerate of the others in your group. Please call me at 630-269-8992.
- You can cancel up to 7 days before the event and receive a full refund.
- If you cancel within 4 – 6 days before the event, you will receive 50% back
- Cancellations within 3 days of event, no refunds unless we can get someone to take your place in which case you would receive a 50% refund.
- If a medical emergency should arise at the last minute, please call us. We will try to re-schedule you into another class in the future, but we cannot provide a guarantee. Documentation may be requested.
- Cancellations at our discretion due to weather will be rescheduled for a later date or a full refund will be given.