The Essentials of Kayak Touring (Level 2) skills course is a full-day program that will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and abilities to be safe and confident on coastal waters.
A boat with sealed bow and stern bulkheads is required for this class. A spray skirt is highly recommended but not required to participate.
Topics covered include:
- Controlled capsize and wet exit with a spray skirt
- Develop strokes to maneuver your boat forward, backward, stopping, turning, and sideways
- Using edging to improve maneuverability
- Use of low brace for support and to avoid capsize
- Introduction of low brace turns and draw strokes
- Solo and assisted rescue techniques
- Safety procedures, preparedness, and equipment
Cost: $79 per participant
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm