The Essentials of Kayak Touring (Level 1/2) skills course is a full-day program that will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and abilities to be safe and confident on inland lakes and coastal waters.
A boat with sealed bow and stern bulkheads is preferred but not required for this class.
Topics covered include:
- Personal preparation and equipment
- Maintaining personal and group safety on the water
- Controlled capsize and wet exit with and without a spray skirt
- Develop strokes to maneuver your boat forward, backward, stopping, turning, and sideways
- Using edging to improve maneuverability
- Use of low brace for support and to avoid capsize
- Introduction of low brace turn, draw, and rudder strokes
- Solo and assisted rescue techniques
- Safety procedures, preparedness, and equipment
View a complete outline of the ACA Essentials of Kayak Touring program
Cost: $99 per participant
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Date: September 25, 2022