I get asked about water conditions frequently so I thought it might be valuable to add a few of my favorites here.
I have included links to resources as well as links to find the Power to the Paddle book and DVD. Feel free to download the resources and be sure to share the link to this page with your friends.
You’ll also find a link below and to the right to my podcast, Paddling the Blue. If you enjoy stories of people doing great things from the seat of a boat, you’ll love the show!
- Google Earth
- Float plan template (paddling .com)
- Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System (GLERL)
- US Wind Map
- USGS Streamflow
- National Buoy Data Center
Power to the Paddle: Exercises to Improve your Canoe and Kayak Paddling
- Purchase Power to the Paddle book
- Purchase Power to the Paddle Companion DVD
- Power to the Paddle Stretches (PDF download)
- Power to the Paddle Mobility Drills (PDF download)
- Mobility drills demo (video)
- Resistance band exercise demo (video)
- Foam rolling demo (video)
Paddling instruction and guided experiences
If you’re in the Traverse City areas and looking for quality coastal kayak, river kayak, or SUP instruction, check out my programs.
Looking for a multi-day experience? Visit here.